1. What is Salik?
Being an expat or new to this place you must be thinking what salik actually is? It is the name given to the electronic toll road system in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, which is based on RFID technology, automatically deducting a fee when a toll gate is passed under. The Salik toll was launched by Dubai’s roads and traffic authority (RTA). When it comes to luxury car rental, you will be informed of how many times you crossed the Salik points and will be charged accordingly.
2. Where are the salik toll gates located in Dubai?
There are eight salik toll gates at various locations on Dubai’s roads. The Dubai Salik gates are located in different parts of the city, but most of them are on Sheikh Zayed Road; here are the salik toll gates that are currently operational:
Al Barsha is located on Sheikh Zayed Road, near Mashreq Metro Station and Mall of the Emirates.
Jebel Ali is located on Sheikh Zayed Road, close to Jebel Ali Village.
Al Maktoum is located on Tariq Bin Ziyad Road, near Dubai Creek.
The airport tunnel is on Route 62, Beirut Street, near Dubai International Airport.
Al Safa is on Sheikh Zayed Road. Business Bay, near Business Bay Metro Station.
Al Garhoud is on route E11, Al Ittihad Street, near Dubai Creek, Al Garhoud, Dubai.
Al Mamzar (North) and Al Mamzar (South): Both are on Ittihad Street, near Al Nahda, Deira.
3. How do you register for a Salik account?
You can easily have a Salik account with quick steps. There is an official website of Salik Dubai where you can register. Here is the procedure:
- Open the Salik website
- Click New User Registration
- Register as an individual user
- Then fill the form with your details and complete the process.
- Once you have an account, you can manage your payments, see if there are any fines, and check your remaining balance and top up your card. When talking concerning the Rolls Royce car rental in Dubai, the criteria is a bit different.
4. What is Dubai Salik Tag/Card?
Salik tag is a sticker with an electronic sim that is placed on the glass of your car. This tag allows toll gate scanners to recognize your car.
Subsequently, when you pass through the gates of Salik Dubai, the charges are mechanically deducted from your account. When you opt forcar rental in Dubai, it usually comes with an already included salik tag with it.
5. How can you get Salik Tag in Dubai?
There are two ways to get the Salik brand; you can buy it online at Salik website or offline at authorized dealers. In case of sports car rental in Dubai, you would have to ensure the details through the car rental company.
You can easily get it through the official website and pay all the fees online.
You can get tag salik offline from authorized dealers through Roads and traffic authorities RTA in Dubai.
6. How much does a Salik Tag cost?
When it comes to friend’s car rentals, peers should keep all the details regarding salik in their minds. The price of the new Salik brand depends on whether you buy it online or offline. Check the details below:
Online Salik label costs AED 120:
- Salik tag: AED 50
- Prepaid Toll Credit: AED 50
- Delivery fee: AED 20.
Salik tag from stores costs 100 AED:
- Salik tag: AED 50
- Prepaid Toll Credit: AED 50 (once activated).
7. How can you activate the Salik brand after purchasing it offline?
You can activate your salik brand after you get it from one of the stores by doing the following:
- Official site of RTA in Dubai or Salik
- Salik or Dubai Drive app via smart phone.
- Open the website and click on “Activate Salik Brand”
- Select whether “New Salik Customer” or “Existing Salik Customer”
- If you are a new user, please register first. Then start the activation process
- If you are an existing customer, you will start the process directly
- Then you should enter the required documents which are listed above.
8. How much is the Salik fee?
The amount of the salik fee is the same across all gates. You should pay it when you go through each one. If you are hiring a car through friends car rental, you must contact them to ensure their policies regarding salik. At approx. The Salik fee: 4 AED
Dubai is amazing and most tourist friendly region of the world. You can easily enjoy a car rental services here in Dubai in affordable rate. Friends car rentals have huge fleet of vehicles to fulfil your craving of driving a luxury car in Dubai. Our cars are highly maintained and examine by the professionals to give you seamless and trouble-free experience. So, get in touch with us now and enjoy your trip in comfortable ride all around the city.